Here are seven things all great best-selling novels have in common:
- A great story. The most important thing a novel can have is a great story. The story should be interesting, suspenseful, and well-paced. It should also have well-developed characters that readers can connect with.
- A strong plot. The plot is the framework of the story. It should be well-structured and full of twists and turns. The plot should also be believable and engaging.
- Great characters. The characters are the heart of the story. They should be well-developed and relatable. The reader should care about what happens to them.
- Vivid descriptions. The descriptions should bring the story to life. The reader should be able to see, hear, smell, taste, and feel everything that is happening in the story.
- Emotional impact. The novel should have an emotional impact on the reader. It should make them laugh, cry, think, and feel.
- Theme. The novel should have a theme. This is a central idea or message that the author is trying to convey. The theme should be something that readers can relate to and learn from.
- Originality. The novel should be original. It should stand out from other novels and offer something new to the reader.
Novels that have all of these elements are more likely to be successful. They will capture the imagination of readers and stay with them long after they have finished reading.
What do you think makes a novel a bestseller?
I hope you liked this month’s blog post. The books in my urban fantasy series are available on Amazon. Please let me know your thoughts by liking, commenting, and/or subscribing. Also, you can join my mailing list by clicking here.